Thursday, March 31, 2011

Raspberry Wars

We all enjoy that point when the newest youngest is ready for interactive exchanges. She says “Pfftttttp” and father with all of the integrity of a grown adult will reply in kind. After a few more rounds comes that light in the soul smile followed by laughter. I take a pause to burn that image into my brain so that I never forget it.

When you think about it most of our adult debates aren’t much different. We attempt to replace the funny noises with deep and insightful thought, but in the end we usually just meet the equivalent of saying “Pfffftttttp” at each other.

I am grateful for what my young children have taught me about this. To laugh and smile, while continuing the all-important dialog of curiosity and the instinct to learn.

Pretty soon we all move past tongue skills and onto making funny sounds at each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment